Friday, November 25, 2005

Weekend Assignment #87: Musical Conundrums

From By the Way... is the Weekend Assignment #87: Answer one or more of the following musical conundrums:

1. Who let the dogs out?
2. Why do fools fall in love?
3. If birds can fly over the rainbow, why then, oh why, can't I?
4. Do you hear what I hear?
5. How do you solve a problem like Maria?
6. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
7. Listen, do you want to know a secret? Do you promise not to tell?
8. How long has this been going on?
9. I want to know, have you ever seen the rain? (Alternately: Why does it always rain on me?)
10. Does anybody really know what time it is?

(Yes, you can have silly answers. In fact, I encourage them!)

Extra Credit: Pose your own musical question.

My answer to number 1 - modified. Who let the dog in? Our dog stays in the backyard but sometimes gets out. Usually we find the board in the fence and fix it. One day I looked out to check on her and found another dog! How did it get in? We had no clue. The next day the dog's owner called to ask if his dog was again in our backyard and sure enough it was. We let his dog out and watched until the dog again went into the backyard.

My answer to number 4. The other day I got into the car and was listening to the CD left from my daughter. "I don't know who this is but I don't think I like some of these songs," I thought. The next day she got in and turned it up. "I just love this CD. Listen to this part." I started thinking that I was not hearing the same thing she heard without her pointing out what she heard. Do you hear what I hear? No, we all hear something different.

My answer to number 10. Not in our house. Some clocks are the right time, some are 10 minutes fast. My husband operates 10 minutes fast but it doesn't work with me. I know which clocks are fast and mentally turn them back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home