Saturday, November 19, 2005

Flower and Heart Sunlight Design

One evening my daughter looked at the designs on the neighbors house as the sun was shining through the leaves. "Mommy, get your camera." Here's what she saw.
A flower!

A Heart!
She actually had to show me where the flower was because I couldn't see it at first. The heart didn't come out as well but it did look like a heart.
She's part of the reason I started seeing more things in nature. When she was born for the first few weeks before going back to work, I would put her in the stroller, at that time the baby carrier that attached to the stroller, and walk around the neighborhood. I introduced her to nature by pointing out all the things she could see looking up: the birds singing, the sun shining, and the tree branches waving. At eight months on her first camping trip night I thought something was wrong because she kept looking up. I looked up to see that she knew the sky was different than she was used to in the city. She had actually noticed the stars! As she grew older, she noticed all bugs, picked flowers from the few in our yard to give to her daycare and school teachers or people she passed that morning. She has become quiet a nature lover still at 7 years old, although she doesn't pick flowers as much. And the questions, having to explain all the things she saw got me to noticing more nature details. I've been taking pictures since at least 10 when I received my first camera so it fit to take pictures of the things I saw. Then I discovered Photoblogs and was inspired to take more pictures. I'll post more of my favorites. Until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home